Why not give up completely on traditional chess? You would never waste another $20 on some nearly useless openings manual. Or waste another moment trying to remember lines. Or waste another thread post ruminating on the merits of the QGD or the Ruy. Or ... Well, the list goes on. Then, I realized that I'd be on my very own from the first move. And that thought was decidedly scary.
- 'Give up completely on traditional chess' Let's not carried away with chess960. It's a complement, not a replacement, to traditional chess.
- 'Some nearly useless openings manual' Yes, this is a real concern that needs to be discussed intelligently.
- 'Waste another moment trying to remember lines' Ditto.
- 'Waste another thread post ruminating on the merits of the QGD' Ditto.
- 'The list goes on' Does it? Looks like an excellent list as it is.
- 'I'd be on my very own from the first move' Scary? Maybe. Exhilarating? Definitely!
Intelligent discussion, or a well-disguised facsimile, to follow.