In a few months I'll reach the two year anniversary with this blog and, counting the time I blogged about chess960 on my main blog, next month I'll reach the two and a half year mark overall. That means I know where the main points of chess960 are. By adding a few more labels (also listed in the right column of every page), I can now attach at least one label to each of the 150 posts on the blog. Without further ado, here are four new labels and the posts on the predecessor blog that are relevant to those labels
Posts with label 'Jargon': This is an area I have to watch constantly. As I wrote in Who Says 'Chess960 Array'?, 'There are enough obstacles to promoting chess960 without introducing unnecessary jargon into the explanation.' On the other hand, there are certain concepts that don't exist in traditional chess and these need names.
Posts with label 'Pros and Cons': Some chess players like chess960, but many don't. This leads to recurring discussions about its advantages and disadvantages. Some of the arguments are valid, but many aren't.
Posts with label 'Resources': This is a vague area, but there are many subjects that could also be called 'Tools'.
- Chess960 Game Explorer
- A Database of Chess960 Start Positions
- CCM PGN Game Scores
- Chess960 Rules Formalized by FIDE?
- Chess960 PGN
Posts with label 'Theory': After learning the rules of chess960, this is the subject that interests most players. In chess960, the term 'theory' doesn't mean book moves as it does in traditional chess. It means something else, but what exactly?
- Theoretical Advantage in Chess960 Start Positions, a botched concept, listed here for completeness; see instead the next two posts on this list.
- A Followup, an Error, and an Insight
- Advantage in Chess960 Start Positions Revisited
- Undefended Pawns in Chess960 Start Positions
- Chess960 Opening Theory
- Chess960 Twins
- How Top Players Treat the Same Chess960 Position
- Lasker's Table of Opening Values
- Comments on Chess960 Opening Theory
- Introduction to Chess960 Geometry
- A Framework for Chess960 Opening Theory
- Extravagant Openings
- What Makes an Opening Extravagant?
I'm sure I've overlooked relevant posts, both on this blog and on the predecessor blog. I'll add them to the appropriate labels as I discover them.