10 November 2012

Onward and Upward

As documented in Shall We Play Fischerandom Chess? (*), a little more than four years ago I started playing chess960. My first rating after that first game played on SchemingMind.com, Chess960? I'm Hooked!, was 1619. Four years later the site has me at no.2 for established players. I thought I'd record the event for posterity in the following image.

The SchemingMind ratings are approximately equivalent to ratings 200 points lower on other correspondence sites like ICCF and LSS, i.e. 2500 here is 2300 there. To avoid succumbing to the chess player's ancient enemy -- hubris -- I should point out that I've played all of the other players in the top five and have a combined record of +0-1=6. In other words, I haven't been able to defeat a single one of them. For that reason, I don't expect to see the no.1 position anytime soon.

No comments: